Cambridge is a world-class center for innovation and education, yet challenges like homelessness and hunger remain realities for far too many people. The Cambridge Community Foundation supports nonprofits that address these challenges and other needs as well as foster opportunities across the community. These investments are supported by contributions to the Cambridge Endowment — our Community Fund.
The Cambridge Endowment is a pool of funds built by donors over a century. Income from these funds is pooled to make grants that ensure a vibrant, thriving, and inclusive Cambridge where everyone can enjoy opportunity and a good quality of life.
Community fund grants are broad in scope:
- Span the breadth of relevant issue areas
- Support attention to community needs
- Leverage opportunities for Cambridge and its residents
- Focused programs/projects
- Launching creative initiatives
- Building organizational capacity
- General operations
Not intended for:
- One-time events
- Equipment or capital improvements
Open, responsive, competitive one year grants
- Small Grants – Up to $5,000
- Large Grants – Above $5,000
- May apply for Small Grant OR Large Grant
- Grant guidelines here
- Organizations may not apply more than once per fiscal year (July 1 through June 30)
- Fall Cycle deadline is October 1 by 5:00 PM
- Spring Cycle deadline is February 3 by 5:00 PM
Available to eligible 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations or entities operating under the fiscal sponsorship of a tax-exempt nonprofit, that serve the people of Cambridge. Individuals are not eligible.