The Cambridge Community Foundation (CCF) seeks a full-time Marketing Associate to join our growing team. The Marketing Associate will support the Foundation’s marketing efforts, including social media activity; website updates; writing content for e-newsletters; and database management. This person will also work closely with development colleagues to support our outreach and engagement of donors and funders, including database and appeals support. As an essential part of our team, the Marketing Associate will support other office functions as necessary.
The successful candidate will be energetic, a team player, and enjoy working within a dynamic environment that is mission- and results-driven. The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated capacity to work independently and be a self-starter; have excellent technical, verbal and written communication skills; be able to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations; have strong organizational orientation; and maintain a balance among multiple priorities.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Compensation commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter to Lauren Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Help develop, manage and distribute marketing copy and content for website, email campaigns, newsletters, annual report, press releases, promotional materials and other marketing related collateral
- Serve as point for website updates and management; monitor, measure, and analyze website traffic and success of campaigns
- Help create and execute targeted marketing campaigns
- Identify opportunities to build Foundation’s image library and support visual storytelling
- Participate in work related to donor stewardship and gift processing, including website interactions, database management
- Assist with planning and execution of civic events and special events
- As part of the team, assist with office support and contribute to staff/office needs as necessary
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent writing and organizational skills, including strong attention to detail
- Experience using WordPress, MailChimp, SEO or equivalent technologies required
- Advanced computer and technical proficiency and the ability to independently learn new software or technology, including databases (Raiser’s Edge and FIMS). Experience using Microsoft Office (Excel in particular) is required
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills. Ability to work with confidential information and interact with donors, board members, volunteers, nonprofits and the communities they serve
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years’ experience required
ABOUT THE CAMBRIDGE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
The Cambridge Community Foundation (CCF) is the local giving platform, supporting our city’s shared prosperity, social equity, and enduring cultural richness, with roots that go a century deep. Established in 1916, CCF is a 501(c)3 public charity committed to supporting equity in Cambridge. The Foundation connects sectors across the community, to highlight emerging and critical needs, and catalyze efforts– from fundraising and grant making, to civic engagement– to ensure resources are focused where they can make the greatest difference.