Marketing and Development Associate
The Cambridge Community Foundation (CCF) seeks a full-time Marketing and Development Associate to join our growing team. The Marketing and Development Associate will be responsible for supporting CCF’s marketing efforts, including social media activity; website updates; writing content for e-newsletters; and database management. This person will also work closely with development colleagues to support our development activity, including assisting gift processing, assisting with database support, and appeals. As an essential part of CCF’s team, the Marketing and Development Associate will support other office functions as necessary.
The successful candidate will be energetic, a team player, and enjoy working within a dynamic environment that is mission- and result-driven. The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated capacity to work independently and be a self-starter; have excellent technical, verbal and written communication skills; be able to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations; have strong organizational orientation; and maintain a balance among multiple priorities.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Help develop, manage and distribute marketing copy and content for annual report, social media, website, email campaigns, newsletters, press releases, promotional materials and other marketing related collateral
- Serve as point for website updates and management; monitor, measure, and analyze website traffic and success of campaigns
- Help create and execute targeted marketing campaigns
- Identify opportunities to build Foundation’s image library and support visual storytelling
- Support gift processing, development database growth, and website interactions
- As part of the team, assist with office support and contribute to staff/office needs as necessary
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent writing and organizational skills, including strong attention to detail
- Advanced computer and technical proficiency and the ability to independently learn new software or technology, including databases (Raiser’s Edge and FIMS). Experience using Microsoft Office (Excel in particular) is required. Prior experience using WordPress, MailChimp, SEO or equivalent technologies desired.
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills. Ability to work with confidential information and interact with donors, board members, volunteers, nonprofits and the communities they serve.
- Bachelor’s degree or 1-2 years’ experience required.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter to Lauren Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE CAMBRIDGE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
The Cambridge Community Foundation (CCF) is the local giving platform, supporting our city’s shared prosperity, social equity, and enduring cultural richness, with roots that go a century deep. Established in 1916, CCF is a 501(c)3 public charity whose vision is a vibrant, diverse and inclusive Cambridge with a culture of giving and opportunity for all.
Our work focuses on three pillars of activity.
- Create an inclusive vision and agenda for shared prosperity through grantmaking, civic leadership, and philanthropy;
- Build a permanent endowment to serve the city today and protect its future;
- Expand the capacity for civic leadership with a sustained focus on equity, justice and opportunity.
CCF makes grants exceeding $1.3 million annually. CCF passionately believes in the power of philanthropy to change lives and build a stronger community. A foundation OF and FOR the community, and the only community foundation in Cambridge, the CCF is committed to supporting equity and shared prosperity in our city.