Photo courtesy of Food For Free.
Massachusetts COVID-19 Relief Fund
The Cambridge Community Foundation is proud to partner with the Massachusetts COVID-19 Relief Fund to support Middlesex County nonprofits on the frontlines of the COVID-19 crisis serving our most vulnerable communities. Learn more about this partnership.
Grantees of the Massachusetts COVID-19 Relief Fund include:
Nonprofits serving Cambridge:
- Cambridge Economic Opportunity Committee (CEOC) to provide food for individuals waiting for state and federal relief, and to help more residents apply for SNAP, unemployment and disaster relief. ($50,000)
- Food For Free to provide free summer produce markets and food deliveries to hundreds of food-insecure households in Cambridge and Somerville. ($50,000)
- Margaret Fuller Neighborhood House to maintain the food pantry and pay rent arrearages for families in The Port neighborhood of Cambridge who live below the poverty line. ($25,000)
Nonprofits serving Medford:
- Malden YMCA to serve the Medford community with free groceries, grab-and-go youth meals, and home/doorstep grocery delivery to vulnerable households. ($40,000)
Nonprofits serving Somerville:
- Community Action Agency of Somerville, Inc. (CAAS) for the Somerville Cares Fund, to assist low-income households in danger of eviction with rent arrearages. ($100,000)