The Cambridge Community Foundation’s Small Grants are open to applications for support in responding to community needs and opportunities. Awards of up to $5,000 are made on a competitive basis, via a set of minimal application requirements.
- Deadline: October 2 or February 15 — by 5:00 PM. If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, applications are due by 5:00PM on the following business day (since October 1 falls on a Sunday this year, the deadline is pushed to October 2).
- Eligibility: Only tax-exempt 501(c)3 organizations with a program serving the people of Cambridge, MA. The Foundation does not make grants to individuals or fund capital projects.
1. Online Proposal Summary Sheet
2. IRS determination letter (or proof of fiscal sponsorship)
3. Most recent audit (or a financial statement if audit is not required by IRS)
4. If organization received grant in prior year, must include year-end report (project activities, outcomes, stories & photos)
How to submit materials:
Community Fund grants are competitive and selection is based on the following criteria:
Strength of the Proposed Project or Investment
- Addresses a demonstrated community or organizational need or opportunity
- Likelihood of success and impact on the community
Applicant(s) Organizational Capacity
- Leadership of organization and project
- Systems delivery / financial health
Proposals are reviewed by staff and the Foundation’s Distribution Committee and put forward as recommendations to the Foundation Board for approval.
- Grant year-end report that shares progress, lessons and constituent stories and images (if applicable)
- Maintenance of organization’s tax exempt 501(c)(3) status
- Participation in feedback surveys
- Meetings with Cambridge Community Foundation and other supporters, as requested
- Referencing Cambridge Community Foundation support in media advisories, press releases, public events, and social media.