Office Manager and Executive Assistant to the President
We are seeking a dependable, creative and organized individual, who enjoys working in a mission-driven, results-oriented fast paced environment. Responsible for maintaining the efficiency of office operations and providing daily critical administrative support to the President, the ideal candidate must have excellent administrative, technical and organizational skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated capacity to work independently, good judgment and the ability to maintain a calm balance among multiple priorities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain office by organizing office operations and procedures; managing incoming and outgoing mail; designing and maintaining filing systems; monitoring and maintaining office supplies;
- Work with outside vendors to ensure maintenance and updating of IT hardware, software, server and website. Problem solve when technical issues arise;
- Manage and coordinate phone coverage and serve as the first point of contact for outside calls and inquiries;
- Manage and maintain office calendar, coordinate and track staff meetings, employee work schedules; and schedule conference room for external partners;
- Assist with external communications — email blasts, social media, and website as requested;
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Manage and maintain calendar and arrange meetings and itineraries for President
- Manage President’s correspondence (email and US mail) and prepare President for meetings
- Handle information requests and update contacts database as directed by President
- Coordinate logistics (including conference calls and digital presentations) and assist with distribution of materials for meetings of the Board of Directors, Board Committees, and other groups
Essential Skills and Capacities:
- Excellent organizational, people and phone skills and experience with administrative management practices and procedures;
- Advanced computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office 365 skills, with an ability to become familiar with community foundation-specific databases and software;
- Experience with assisting high-level corporate or nonprofit leaders;
- The ability to work with confidential information and interact with donors, board members, other volunteers, nonprofits and the communities they serve;
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills;
- Ability to follow up on multiple tasks and link disparate elements with meticulous attention to detail;
- Associate or bachelor’s degree and 3+years administrative support experience required.
This is a full-time position with benefits, compensation commensurate with experience. To apply, please submit your resume with a cover letter to: Gwyn Gallagher at firstname.lastname@example.org.