Programs and Grantmaking Associate – Full-time Position
Reporting to and partnering with the Director of Programs and Grantmaking, we are looking for a thoughtful, creative, and organized individual with experience in the nonprofit sector as a Programs and Grantmaking Associate. This position is responsible for supporting all functions of existing and new areas of programs and grantmaking. They will also work with the Foundation’s communications and development teams to achieve foundation goals and play an active role in communication and collaboration with external community partners and nonprofit organizations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Grantmaking and Programs Planning and Support
- Support the implementation of grantmaking strategies to support the Foundation’s mission and goals
- Support and execute the administrative processes that accompany grantmaking, including building application and reporting forms, collecting and updating nonprofit contact information, communicating with community partners, coordinating with community grant reviewers, and assisting nonprofits in administrative processes
- Help organize, conduct, and coordinate grantee site visits
- Work with the Director of Programs and Grantmaking to monitor grant progress, including participating in discussions, resolving issues, and providing technical assistance to grantees
- Work with the Director of Programs and Grantmaking to develop new programs to address community needs and achieve strategic goals
Civic and Community Engagement
- Participate in networks, affinity groups, and other external efforts to learn about relevant issues and trends and to advance the Foundation’s strategies
- Facilitate and participate in community outreach activities and foundation developed programs that may include some early morning / later evenings and occasional weekends
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to use technology in a productive and efficient way
- Experience working with and deep understanding of diverse communities
- Solid organizational and time-management skills; ability to consistently deliver on established schedules, guidelines, and deadlines
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and reasoning skills
- Superb written and oral communication skills, including solid presentation and facilitation abilities and the ability to foster productive relationships with a diverse population
- A team player with demonstrated ability to effectively function as a member of a team in a work environment that sometimes requires “all hands” for a given circumstance
- A deep-rooted personal interest in and commitment to working in a diverse and inclusive work environment that places a high value on equity; commitment to fostering a positive workplace culture of collaboration and respect
The salary for this position is $45,000 – $55,000 and commensurate with background and experience. The Cambridge Community Foundation offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, a discretionary 403(b) contribution, and generous PTO and parental leave as well as short-and-long-term disability, and life insurance.
Please send a cover letter and your resume to: Christina Turner, Director of Programs and Grantmaking at [email protected].
Application deadline: December 21, 2022
Download a PDF of this posting: CCF Programs and Grantmaking Associate Position