“Starlight Square”. Photo courtesy of the Central Square Business Improvement District.
Through the Capital Grants, the Cultural Capital Fund aims to help arts and cultural venues to safely reopen according to the City’s and State’s COVID-19 reopening plans and directly enable work, education, and health monitoring, including remote options, in response to the public health emergency. Preference will be given to intermediary organizations that house and support more local artists beyond their own organization.
Examples eligible work include:
- The repair, renovation, rehabilitation or deferred maintenance of a cultural facility. Capital Grant applicants must either own or lease the facility.
- Planning and installation of health and safety infrastructure and fixed equipment needs (i.e. HVAC evaluation and upgrades, air quality/humidity/CO2 sensing equipment, plexiglass/barrier installation, etc.)
- Costs of Internet service, equipment, devices, or skills training.
- Investments in depreciable assets and the ancillary costs needed to put capital assets in use.
- Costs related to the assessment of facilities.
- New projects that demonstrate a transformative impact on the community.
We are currently only accepting applications for capital grants of up to $25,000.
At this time, applicants must have 501(c)(3) status or a fiscal sponsor with 501(c)(3) status. For more eligibility requirements, please scroll down to the FAQs.
Deadline to apply: Friday, October 22, 2021 at 11:59pm.
Please send your questions to Minjee Lee, [email protected]